6.02.2011

MindMeister: Mind Mapping Software

In elementary school when I first started learning how to write essays, I remember I hated the format of outlines.  They were linear and boring - just didn't work for me.  Eventually, in 5th or 6th grade we learned how to make mind maps (I don't remember what they were called back then) - mind maps presented information in a way that was much more easy to visualize and in which connections could be made more intuitively between all the "bubbles of thought."  Problem was... there was never enough space on a small 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.  Once again,  stifled creative thought due to technical limitations!

You can imagine my enthusiasm when I grew up and discovered MindMeister a few years ago!  An online mind mapping tool that not only allows you to visually gather your thoughts, it also lets you do things like add icons, pictures, and links as references. And, they have a mobile app as well!  We're so excited to announce that we will be showcasing their app at the expo. Not only that - Mindmeister has gifted us 100 subscriptions as expo give aways.  Stay tuned to learn how you can get one!

Check out an example of a MindMeister map below:



No comments:

Post a Comment